SUICIDE EPIDEMIC OUTRAGE – Since 2001 125,992+/- Veterans have died by suicide.
Another Veteran will die by suicide in 45 minutes 20 seconds.
Total this year 6988 have died by suicide.
75-85% of these suicides are Vietnam-Era Veterans. In the original VA study, back in 2011/12 only 21 states reported. CA, TX and FL did not report their suicides. That is why Team Veteran Foundation uses a more realistic 48 minutes which means 30 Veterans per day are dying by suicide. In 2016 we lost 10,950 Veterans to suicide.
Here are some of the Red Flags to look out for with someone contemplating suicide.
– Talking or discussions about wanting to die
– Researching ways to kill oneself
– References to hopelessness or feeling as if life has no purpose
– Feelings of being trapped or in unbearable pain
– Feelings of being a burden to others
– Increased alcohol or drug use
– Sleep changes; either excessive sleep or insomnia
– Isolation and withdrawal
– Expressions of rage or a desire to seek revenge
– Anxiety, agitation or recklessness
– Extreme mood swings
– Giving away important personal items or pets
CALL TO ACTION: What will you or your company do to help create sustainable funds to support Team Veteran Foundation Wellness Clinics and vetted Veteran charities nationwide?
Please contact Team Veteran Foundation info @ tvfaz.org to see how we can work together to help create the funds needed to stop this epidemic!